Happening NowFriday, March 17
- PepsiCo Leads in AI-powered Automation with KoiVision Platform
- Anodot, oneDAL Optimize Anomaly Detection Services
- Fujitsu and Ochanomizu University Establish New AI Ethics Research Lab
- Dell Technologies Strengthens Security Portfolio with New Services and Solutions
- Jim Keller to Keynote AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
- Researchers Develop System Combining Graph Neural Network Architecture with Resistive Memory
- CAST AI Receives $20M in New Funding Led by Early-Stage VC Creandum
- ‘Transparent’ AI Improves Outcome Prediction in Medicare Patients
- Cloud Consulting Company Six Nines IT Rebrands to Nextira
- Intel Contributes AI Acceleration to PyTorch 2.0
- Altair Announces Altair RapidMiner for Data Analytics and AI
- Digimind Introduces Digimind Social to Analyze Any Topic with Dual AI Integration
- Sony to Launch Subscription Service for Developers on AITRIOS Edge AI Sensing Platform
- ISC 2023 Registration Now Open
- Lightning AI Releases PyTorch Lightning 2.0 and a New Open Source Library for Lightweight Scaling of ML Models
- Groq Adapts and Runs LLaMA, the Meta Chatbot Model and Competitor to ChatGPT, for Its Systems
- Lenovo Storage Innovation and Channel-centric Strategy Drives Record Growth and Infrastructure Leadership
- AMD Brings the Performance of 4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors to Embedded Networking, Security, Storage and Industrial Systems
- Giga Computing Releases 1st Workstation Motherboards to Support DDR5 and PCIe Gen5 Tech
- AIC Collaborates with AMD to Introduce Its New Edge Server Powered by 4th Gen AMD EPYC Embedded Processors
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
February 28, 2023
Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
February 24, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Nvidia GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 2023March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Timothy Prickett Morgan
Cisco Targets Hyperscale With Modular UCS Iron
September 4th, 2014 (0)Five years ago, Cisco Systems got out in front of the pack with converged server and switching and a unified Ethernet fabric for server and storage traffic in its Unified Computing System blade servers. The company eventually added rack ...
Datacenter Revamps Cut Energy Costs At CenturyLink
September 3rd, 2014 (0)It is probably telling that these days datacenter managers think of the infrastructure under their care more in terms of the juice it burns and not by counting the server, storage, and switch boxes that consume that electricity and ...
How Microsoft Is Using FPGAs To Speed Up Bing Search
September 3rd, 2014 (0)Microsoft has dug in for a long and perhaps uphill battle with search engine juggernaut Google, which has three times the reach in search. That means Microsoft has to deploy whatever technology it can to make its Bing search ...
Pure Storage, EMC, And IBM Lead The All-Flash Array Pack
September 2nd, 2014 (0)All-flash storage arrays have come of age, and are increasingly being used to replace all-disk and hybrid flash-disk arrays for the tier one storage that underpins applications and databases in the datacenters of the world. This is what all ...
Univa Grid Engine Does Windows, Linux Containers
September 2nd, 2014 (0)Grid Engine, the popular workload management tool for distributed computing environments, now does Windows. And it is also doing Linux control groups, or cgroups, containers, a technology that was championed by Google many years back as the basis for ...
GAO Issues Split Decision on DHS Datacenter Contract
VMware To Complete Storage Virtualization With VVols
Weak Growth For Servers In Q2, But Still Growth
Server Makers Jockey For “Haswell” Xeon Pole Position
August 28th, 2014 (1)With VMware's VMworld extravaganza winding down, the talk will now shift from virtual servers to physical ones. Everyone expects for Intel to launch its next-generation "Haswell" Xeon E5 processors for two-socket servers at Intel Developer Forum, and the fact ...
A Sneak Peek At VMware EVO:RACK Cluster Appliances
August 28th, 2014 (1)Contrary to some of the rumors going around ahead of the “Project Marvin” EVO cluster appliances launch at VMworld this week, server virtualization juggernaut VMware does not want to be a hardware vendor. It does, however, want all of ...