Happening NowFriday, March 17
- PepsiCo Leads in AI-powered Automation with KoiVision Platform
- Anodot, oneDAL Optimize Anomaly Detection Services
- Fujitsu and Ochanomizu University Establish New AI Ethics Research Lab
- Dell Technologies Strengthens Security Portfolio with New Services and Solutions
- Jim Keller to Keynote AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
- Researchers Develop System Combining Graph Neural Network Architecture with Resistive Memory
- CAST AI Receives $20M in New Funding Led by Early-Stage VC Creandum
- ‘Transparent’ AI Improves Outcome Prediction in Medicare Patients
- Cloud Consulting Company Six Nines IT Rebrands to Nextira
- Intel Contributes AI Acceleration to PyTorch 2.0
- Altair Announces Altair RapidMiner for Data Analytics and AI
- Digimind Introduces Digimind Social to Analyze Any Topic with Dual AI Integration
- Sony to Launch Subscription Service for Developers on AITRIOS Edge AI Sensing Platform
- ISC 2023 Registration Now Open
- Lightning AI Releases PyTorch Lightning 2.0 and a New Open Source Library for Lightweight Scaling of ML Models
- Groq Adapts and Runs LLaMA, the Meta Chatbot Model and Competitor to ChatGPT, for Its Systems
- Lenovo Storage Innovation and Channel-centric Strategy Drives Record Growth and Infrastructure Leadership
- AMD Brings the Performance of 4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors to Embedded Networking, Security, Storage and Industrial Systems
- Giga Computing Releases 1st Workstation Motherboards to Support DDR5 and PCIe Gen5 Tech
- AIC Collaborates with AMD to Introduce Its New Edge Server Powered by 4th Gen AMD EPYC Embedded Processors
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
February 28, 2023
Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
February 24, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Nvidia GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 2023March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Timothy Prickett Morgan
Uncle Sam Approves IBM X86 Server Biz Sale To Lenovo
August 18th, 2014 (0)Big Blue has cleared the last major hurdle block its proposed $2.3 billion sale of its System x X86 server business and the licensing of key software and storage technologies to Lenovo Group. IBM issued a statement last Friday ...
Google Mesa Data Warehouse Scales Like No Other
August 14th, 2014 (1)Search engine giant Google is talking about another innovative data store that it has come up with, perhaps spawning yet another round of innovation in the open source community that often mimics what Google does to solve complex scale ...
Cisco Cuts More Jobs As Switching And Routing Stall
August 14th, 2014 (0)Networking giant Cisco Systems is struggling in its core switching and routing markets and feeling the effects of economic and political turmoil in emerging markets, all of which put a damper on sales and profits as it closed out ...
Oracle Cranks Up The Cores To 32 With Sparc M7 Chip
August 13th, 2014 (34)Say what you will about Oracle co-founder and CEO Larry Ellison, but when the software giant bought Sun Microsystems more than four years ago, for $7.4 billion, he said that he had seen the light and wanted Oracle to ...
Flocker Adds Storage Virtualization To Docker Containers
August 13th, 2014 (2)The Docker application container system developed by platform cloud provider dotCloud, now known as Docker Software, has been gaining momentum in recent months and is on the way to become an alternative virtualization method alongside of full-on server virtualization. ...
Applied Micro Plots Out X-Gene ARM Server Future
August 12th, 2014 (2)At the Hot Chips 26 conference being hosted in Silicon Valley this week, upstart ARM server chip maker Applied Micro is presenting details on its roadmap for its X-Gene family of 64-bit processors. The ARM server ramp is taking ...
How Facebook Autoscale Cuts Cluster Electric Bills
August 11th, 2014 (0)The reason why online retailer Amazon started its cloud computing unit was not just because it wanted to break into a business selling raw compute and storage capacity to developers who had to work on a slim-to-none capital budget. ...
AMD Details “Seattle” ARM Server Chip
August 11th, 2014 (3)The annual Hot Chips conference is underway this week in Silicon Valley, and there is not much on the enterprise front on day one. Japanese supercomputer makers NEC and Fujitsu are both showing off their next-generation SX-ACE and Sparc64-XIfx ...
CacheBox Takes On Incumbents In Server-Side Flash Cache
August 11th, 2014 (0)A bunch of file system experts who worked on the Veritas clustered file system that was a mainstay of Unix deployments and that is now controlled by Symantec have teamed up to launch a new server-side solid state drive ...
Dell Sees Server Uptick, Awaits Demand For ARM
August 8th, 2014 (0)Dell is no longer a public company, so we can't look at its quarterly financial results to get a sense of how its various business units are doing. But, Dell is a major IT supplier and it wants to ...