Happening NowThursday, June 8
- Transaction Processing Performance Council Announces 15th Annual Technology Conference
- Micron Signs 178-Megawatt Wind Power Agreement with Terra-Gen
- Intel-Backed AI Model Helps Researchers Detect Breast Cancer with High Accuracy
- NYU, NVIDIA Collaborate on Large Language Model to Predict Patient Readmission
- Monster API Unveils Low-Cost, Decentralized AI Platform to Empower Developers
- Insight Announces Launch of Generative AI Service Offering
- QuSecure Awarded U.S. Army Contract for Post-Quantum Cybersecurity Solutions
- Granica Launches Industry-first AI Efficiency Platform to Cut Cloud Data Costs up to 80% and Boost ROI from AI Initiatives
- AWS Announces Snowblade for DoD JWCC Customers
- TSMC Unveils Advanced Backend Fab 6, Enabling Complete Automation and 3DFabric Integration
- SymphonyAI Acquires 1010data to Expand Enterprise AI Capabilities
- Fish-Farming Startup Casts AI to Make Aquaculture More Efficient, Sustainable
- GITEX Africa 2023: Huawei Introduces Diversified SD-WAN Products and New Data Center Switch
- Micron Unveils High-Capacity 96GB DDR5 RDIMMs, Boosting AI and Database Workloads
- Priceline Charts Businesswide Generative AI Deployments with Google Cloud
- Centific Announces the Launch of Pitaya.AI: A Suite of Intelligent Store Solutions to Enable Hyper-Automation and Immersive Experiences
- Glean Announces AI-Powered Glean Chat, Delivering Personalized Insights from Enterprise Knowledge Bases
- Palantir Launches Foundry for Manufacturing on AWS to the Broader Market
- Altair Survey Reveals Significant Opportunities to Improve Efficiency, Scale, and Success of AI and Data Projects
- Landing AI Releases SDK to Accelerate Computer Vision Development
Hyperion Research Predicts HPC-enabled AI Growth
June 8, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
HPE Discover 2023June 20 @ 8:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm
Bloomberg Collision 2023June 26 @ 8:00 am - June 29 @ 5:00 pm
60th Design Automation Conference (DAC)July 9 - July 13
VMware Explore 2023 – Las VegasAugust 21 @ 8:00 am - August 24 @ 5:00 pm
AI Manufacturing Conference 2023August 22 @ 8:00 am - August 24 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Timothy Prickett Morgan
Lenovo Aims High For Systems Expansion
December 12th, 2014 Comments Off on Lenovo Aims High For Systems ExpansionNow that Lenovo Group has completed the takeover of the X86 server business from IBM, the company can talk a little more specifically about how it hopes to expand its take in the systems space and its aspirations going ...
Critical Apps In The Cloud And High Availability
December 10th, 2014 Comments Off on Critical Apps In The Cloud And High AvailabilityEnterprise data centers have been using cloud computing for several years for their low-risk environments, such as test-dev and non-mission-critical applications. In this context, the benefits of cloud computing are well understood. IT managers can use the cloud to ...
OpenPower Systems Coming In Mid-2015
December 9th, 2014 Comments Off on OpenPower Systems Coming In Mid-2015The ecosystem for Power Systems machines is building faster than many might be expecting, and it looks like a bunch of new machines will be coming to market by the middle of next year that are based on designs ...
Mesosphere Wants To Run Clusters At The Global 2000
December 8th, 2014 Comments Off on Mesosphere Wants To Run Clusters At The Global 2000A few years back, search engine giant Google invented a term called warehouse-scale computing to talk about the hyperscale that it operates its applications within. That term never really caught on, but the idea of operating applications across large ...
ThunderX ARM Has Datacenter Muscle
December 5th, 2014 Comments Off on ThunderX ARM Has Datacenter MuscleThe third 64-bit ARM processor aimed at datacenter workloads has just entered the field now that Cavium Networks, a maker of multicore chips aimed at networking and other embedded workloads, has begun sampling its ThunderX chips to early customers ...
Docker Goes Enterprise As Rocket Containers Launch
December 4th, 2014 Comments Off on Docker Goes Enterprise As Rocket Containers LaunchThe momentum for Docker software containers is not just building, but is exploding as the eponymous company behind the technology builds its partner ecosystem and offers a compelling alternative to full-on server virtualization to enterprises. It is ironic that ...
Hyperscale Users, Upstart Sellers Drive Server Growth In Q3
December 3rd, 2014 Comments Off on Hyperscale Users, Upstart Sellers Drive Server Growth In Q3The server market is splitting into segments that do not track along with one another anymore. Hyperscale companies that build massive public clouds, consumer-facing applications, or a little of both and that exclusively use X86-based machinery, are driving volumes. ...
HP Goes Hybrid With 3PAR, Adds File Persona
December 2nd, 2014 Comments Off on HP Goes Hybrid With 3PAR, Adds File PersonaFor all the talk about all-flash arrays, there are still companies and customers who want hybrid arrays because they think machines that mix flash and disk storage offer the right mix of price and performance for specific jobs. This ...
HP’s Itanium Odyssey Ends With Superdome X Xeon Iron
December 2nd, 2014 (1)Companies that have been looking for a capacious shared memory system from Hewlett-Packard and who have been waiting for years for the company to deliver a variant of its Superdome machines based on Intel's Xeon processors do not have ...