Happening NowFriday, March 17
- PepsiCo Leads in AI-powered Automation with KoiVision Platform
- Anodot, oneDAL Optimize Anomaly Detection Services
- Fujitsu and Ochanomizu University Establish New AI Ethics Research Lab
- Dell Technologies Strengthens Security Portfolio with New Services and Solutions
- Jim Keller to Keynote AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
- Researchers Develop System Combining Graph Neural Network Architecture with Resistive Memory
- CAST AI Receives $20M in New Funding Led by Early-Stage VC Creandum
- ‘Transparent’ AI Improves Outcome Prediction in Medicare Patients
- Cloud Consulting Company Six Nines IT Rebrands to Nextira
- Intel Contributes AI Acceleration to PyTorch 2.0
- Altair Announces Altair RapidMiner for Data Analytics and AI
- Digimind Introduces Digimind Social to Analyze Any Topic with Dual AI Integration
- Sony to Launch Subscription Service for Developers on AITRIOS Edge AI Sensing Platform
- ISC 2023 Registration Now Open
- Lightning AI Releases PyTorch Lightning 2.0 and a New Open Source Library for Lightweight Scaling of ML Models
- Groq Adapts and Runs LLaMA, the Meta Chatbot Model and Competitor to ChatGPT, for Its Systems
- Lenovo Storage Innovation and Channel-centric Strategy Drives Record Growth and Infrastructure Leadership
- AMD Brings the Performance of 4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors to Embedded Networking, Security, Storage and Industrial Systems
- Giga Computing Releases 1st Workstation Motherboards to Support DDR5 and PCIe Gen5 Tech
- AIC Collaborates with AMD to Introduce Its New Edge Server Powered by 4th Gen AMD EPYC Embedded Processors
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
February 28, 2023
Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
February 24, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Nvidia GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 2023March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Timothy Prickett Morgan
NetApp Gives A Sneak Peek At Future FlashRays
September 17th, 2014 (0)After several years of development, storage array maker NetApp is starting to ship its FlashRay family of all-flash arrays to selected customers and partners and is looking to ramp up production as quickly as possible in 2015. With the ...
A3Cube Forges Fortissimo Storage From PCI Express Fabric
September 17th, 2014 (0)Switching upstart A3Cube has created the first commercialized application of its PCI Express switching technology and the Ronniee Express fabric that runs atop it, aiming squarely at accelerating the performance of storage systems on a variety of extreme scale ...
AMD, Canonical Do OpenStack In A Box
September 16th, 2014 (0)The developers behind OpenStack have come a long way in adding fit and finish to successive releases of the cloud controller, but it is still a pain in the neck to build a cluster and install OpenStack on it ...
XPliant Takes On Broadcom, Intel With Malleable Ethernet Switch Chips
September 16th, 2014 (0)Switch chip upstart XPliant, founded in 2011 by a bunch of techies from Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks, Brocade Communications, and Marvell and in the process of being acquired by network and server chip maker Cavium Networks, has unveiled its ...
Facebook Opens Up Tools To Scale Memcached
September 15th, 2014 (0)When a back-end database can't serve up bits of data fast enough to deal with the hit load on the web servers that sit in front of it, the common thing to do is to put some kind of ...
Future Cray Systems To Unite Analytics And Simulation
September 15th, 2014 (1)Big data and analytics are not a threat to Cray. They are an opportunity. And importantly, the increasingly intertwined workloads of modeling, simulation, and analytics play to the strengths of a system builder like Cray. That was the main ...
Shared Memory Clusters: Observations On Persistent Memory
September 10th, 2014 (0)The other SMC articles in this series have referred to a notion called "memory." These articles have often intentionally not said so, but I have left the impression that we are talking about DRAM DIMMs. DRAM (Dynamic Random Access ...
Hurdles To Enterprise Adoption Of Hyperscale Technology
September 9th, 2014 (1)The recent price war among Amazon, Google, and Microsoft suggests that more of the cost advantages of hyperscale datacenters are being passed on to the customer. So what does this mean for enterprise IT over the coming years? To ...
Intel Ups Performance Ante With ‘Haswell’ Xeon E5 Chips
September 8th, 2014 (3)Any company that bought racks of servers within the past six months is probably going to be annoyed this week. The drumbeat of Moore's Law continues apace with the launch of the "Haswell" generation of Xeon E5-2600 processors, the ...
Modular Machines Take A Bite Out Of Racks And Blades
September 5th, 2014 (0)Enterprises and some supercomputing centers took a shining to blade servers a decade ago and these converged platforms, which pack servers, storage, and switching into a single box with shared power, cooling, and management as well as redundancy in ...