Happening NowMonday, March 20
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Capabilities to Simplify Kubernetes Operations
- BrainChip Illustrates AIoT Readiness at the Edge Impulse ML Series
- Mila and UNESCO Join Forces to Emphasize Urgent Need for Better AI Governance
- HPE to Acquire OpsRamp, Expanding HPE GreenLake into IT Operations Management
- D-Wave Launches New Hybrid Solver Plug-In for Feature Selection, A Key Component of ML
- PepsiCo Leads in AI-powered Automation with KoiVision Platform
- Anodot, oneDAL Optimize Anomaly Detection Services
- Fujitsu and Ochanomizu University Establish New AI Ethics Research Lab
- Dell Technologies Strengthens Security Portfolio with New Services and Solutions
- Jim Keller to Keynote AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
- Researchers Develop System Combining Graph Neural Network Architecture with Resistive Memory
- CAST AI Receives $20M in New Funding Led by Early-Stage VC Creandum
- ‘Transparent’ AI Improves Outcome Prediction in Medicare Patients
- Cloud Consulting Company Six Nines IT Rebrands to Nextira
- Intel Contributes AI Acceleration to PyTorch 2.0
- Altair Announces Altair RapidMiner for Data Analytics and AI
- Digimind Introduces Digimind Social to Analyze Any Topic with Dual AI Integration
- Sony to Launch Subscription Service for Developers on AITRIOS Edge AI Sensing Platform
- ISC 2023 Registration Now Open
- Lightning AI Releases PyTorch Lightning 2.0 and a New Open Source Library for Lightweight Scaling of ML Models
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
February 28, 2023
Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
February 24, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Nvidia GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 2023March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Timothy Prickett Morgan
Hardware Matters, But Software Also Drives Switch Choices
February 5th, 2014 (0)Breaking into the content caching and delivery market against industry juggernaut Akamai Technologies is about as easy as breaking into the datacenter networking space against Cisco Systems. But, CDN upstart Fastly and networking upstart Arista Networks are teaming up ...
Efficiency Gains, Cloud Hold Down IT Spending Growth
February 5th, 2014 (0)There is pent up demand for IT infrastructure upgrades as systems are aging in the datacenters of the world, and that is pushing up demand for hardware and software. However, all of the virtualization tools that are available for ...
Dell Fires Up A Bevy Of 64-Bit ARM Servers For Developers
Enterprise Guru Nadella Takes The Helm At Microsoft
IBM System x GM Talks About The Future With Lenovo
MIT Prototypes Zippy Flash-FPGA Hybrid Storage Array
February 3rd, 2014 (0)Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, working with funding from server maker Quanta and flash chip maker Samsung, are combining flash storage and field programmable gate arrays in a new way that is yielding a peppy and scalable ...
Dell Bares Switch Metal To Other Network Operating Systems
January 31st, 2014 (0)When you look at a switch, you are looking at the vestiges of a proprietary past that many of the largest companies in the world want to do away with. Intel and Broadcom supply most of the Ethernet switch ...
Smoother Waters Ahead For Mellanox After Choppy 2013
January 31st, 2014 (0)The major markets that Mellanox Technologies sells its switch chips, switches, and server adapter cards into are inherently choppy and often driven by very large deals in its sales channel. So comparisons of its financial figures can be tough. ...
Sneak Peeks At Some Future Open Compute Servers
January 30th, 2014 (0)Events like the Open Compute Summit are like show-and-tell for hardware geeks. It is a chance for system designers, builders, and in this case customers to give their peers a sense of what they have been working on. There ...
AMD, Applied Micro Take Fabric Weaving 101 For ARM Server Chips
January 30th, 2014 (1)AMD and Applied Micro, the two biggest and most vocal of the remaining ARM server chip makers now that upstart Calxeda has shut down, have taken up weaving. Both companies are integrating network and fabric interfaces into their forthcoming ...