Happening NowThursday, March 23
- Giga Computing Announces Entry-Level AMD Ryzen-based Servers by GIGABYTE
- Intel Labs Advances Computer Vision Development with 2 New AI Models
- Ireland’s Largest Managed Cloud Services Provider Selects HPE GreenLake to Modernize Its Private Cloud
- COMPUTEX 2023 Visitor Registration Now Open
- Dataiku Joins NVIDIA DGX-Ready Software Program to Simplify Enterprise AI
- GIGABYTE Joins NVIDIA GTC 2023 and Supports New NVIDIA L4 Tensor Core GPU and NVIDIA OVX 3.0
- SUSE Appoints Dirk-Peter van Leeuwen as New CEO
- BrainChip’s Neuromorphic Tech Enables Intellisense Systems to Address Needs for Next-Gen Cognitive Radio Solutions
- TYAN’s AI Inference-Optimized Platforms Add Support for NVIDIA L4 Tensor Core GPU
- Weights & Biases Announces Integrations with NVIDIA AI
- Supermicro Expands GPU Solutions Portfolio with Deskside Liquid-Cooled AI Development Platform, Powered by NVIDIA
- Vultr Announces Availability of NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPU and Partnerships with Domino Data Lab and Anaconda
- AnswerRocket Introduces Max, an AI Assistant for Data Analysis
- Intel Appoints Stuart Pann to Lead Intel Foundry Services
- Samsung Announces Ultra-Wideband Chipset with Centimeter-Level Accuracy for Mobile and Automotive Devices
- NVIDIA and Google Cloud Deliver New Generative AI Platform, Built on the New L4 GPU and Vertex AI
- Adobe and NVIDIA Partner to Unlock the Power of Generative AI
- Shutterstock Partners with NVIDIA to Build AI Foundation Models for Generative 3D Artist Tools
- AWS and NVIDIA Collaborate on Next-Gen Infrastructure for Training Large Machine Learning Models and Building Generative AI Applications
- DDN Announces Compatibility with NVIDIA DGX H100 Systems and New Partnership with Lambda
Nvidia’s Metaverse Gets New Hardware
March 21, 2023
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
AI in Finance Summit NYApril 20 @ 8:00 am - April 21 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Timothy Prickett Morgan
IBM Systems Get Breathing Room With Globalfoundries Chip Deal
October 20th, 2014 (0)The much-rumored sale of IBM's chip manufacturing business has come to pass with Big Blue forging an agreement with Globalfoundries, the former fab business of AMD and a long-time co-development partner for basic chip manufacturing research. The move gives ...
Why Hadoop Is The New Backbone Of American Express
October 17th, 2014 (1)American Express has to do a lot more than just offer credit cards and a network so merchants can accept them for payment for goods and services. While several decades ago the credit card usurped traveler's checks and other ...
Hyperconverged Systems Go Mainstream
October 15th, 2014 (0)In a way, Hewlett-Packard, through its LeftHand Networks storage acquisition, was one of the pioneers of the hyperconverged systems market, although it didn't talk about it at the time that way. And the company is now going to mainstream ...
Intel Datacenter Biz Profits From Hyperscale, HPC Build Outs
October 14th, 2014 (0)In most cases, saying the datacenter is hot is a bad thing, but not so when talking about the financial results of chip maker Intel. The company just reported its financial results for the third quarter, kicking off the ...
VMware Pushes Cloud Scale Up To 100K VMs With vRealize
October 14th, 2014 (0)As part of a rebranding campaign that started back at VMworld a month and a half ago, server virtualization juggernaut VMware changed the brands on its various cloud management tools, a mix and match of software it had created ...
Pica8 Ports Network OS To Bare Metal Broadcom Trident II Switches
October 13th, 2014 (3)Servers based on X86 processors have Windows, Linux, and other options as operating systems, and an increasing number of switch buyers want to be able to deploy the network operating system of their choice on their switches, much as ...
Calls For EMC-VMware Breakup Get Louder
October 9th, 2014 (0)IBM has sold off its System x division to Lenovo, eBay is spinning off PayPal, and Hewlett-Packard is breaking itself into two. Suddenly the idea of conglomerates that have many and often competing businesses is going out of fashion. ...
Nutanix Goes All-Flash For Server-Storage Hybrids
October 9th, 2014 (0)The competition in the hyperconverged system market is heating up, and companies that once worried about taking on incumbent server and storage makers with their server-storage hybrids now have to worry about – and counter the attacks of – ...
Tyan Ships First Non-IBM Power8 Server
October 8th, 2014 (6)The opening up of the Power chip architecture by IBM through the OpenPower Foundation has produced its first tangible, practical result, with Taiwanese motherboard and system maker Tyan getting its first system based on the Power8 processor into the ...
VCE Forges First All-Flash Vblock Stack
October 8th, 2014 (0)It is the fall and we are in the wake of the latest Xeon processor announcements from Intel, and that means it is time for system makers to hit the refresh button. The VCE partnership between Cisco Systems, EMC, ...