Happening NowThursday, March 23
- Giga Computing Announces Entry-Level AMD Ryzen-based Servers by GIGABYTE
- Intel Labs Advances Computer Vision Development with 2 New AI Models
- Ireland’s Largest Managed Cloud Services Provider Selects HPE GreenLake to Modernize Its Private Cloud
- COMPUTEX 2023 Visitor Registration Now Open
- Dataiku Joins NVIDIA DGX-Ready Software Program to Simplify Enterprise AI
- GIGABYTE Joins NVIDIA GTC 2023 and Supports New NVIDIA L4 Tensor Core GPU and NVIDIA OVX 3.0
- SUSE Appoints Dirk-Peter van Leeuwen as New CEO
- BrainChip’s Neuromorphic Tech Enables Intellisense Systems to Address Needs for Next-Gen Cognitive Radio Solutions
- TYAN’s AI Inference-Optimized Platforms Add Support for NVIDIA L4 Tensor Core GPU
- Weights & Biases Announces Integrations with NVIDIA AI
- Supermicro Expands GPU Solutions Portfolio with Deskside Liquid-Cooled AI Development Platform, Powered by NVIDIA
- Vultr Announces Availability of NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPU and Partnerships with Domino Data Lab and Anaconda
- AnswerRocket Introduces Max, an AI Assistant for Data Analysis
- Intel Appoints Stuart Pann to Lead Intel Foundry Services
- Samsung Announces Ultra-Wideband Chipset with Centimeter-Level Accuracy for Mobile and Automotive Devices
- NVIDIA and Google Cloud Deliver New Generative AI Platform, Built on the New L4 GPU and Vertex AI
- Adobe and NVIDIA Partner to Unlock the Power of Generative AI
- Shutterstock Partners with NVIDIA to Build AI Foundation Models for Generative 3D Artist Tools
- AWS and NVIDIA Collaborate on Next-Gen Infrastructure for Training Large Machine Learning Models and Building Generative AI Applications
- DDN Announces Compatibility with NVIDIA DGX H100 Systems and New Partnership with Lambda
Nvidia’s Metaverse Gets New Hardware
March 21, 2023
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
AI in Finance Summit NYApril 20 @ 8:00 am - April 21 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Timothy Prickett Morgan
Hadoop Finds Its Place In The Enterprise
October 29th, 2014 (1)The echoes of the blitzkrieg of product announcements at the Strata + Hadoop World conference in New York are fading. Now is a good time to step back and give an assessment of the role that the Hadoop platform ...
Network Filers Take To The Clouds
October 29th, 2014 (0)Most disk storage arrays are based on commodity hardware these days. Generally speaking, they use Xeon processors from Intel as their controller brains, they use normal main memory as a read cache, and maybe some kind of nonvolatile memory ...
Inside IBM’s “Hollow Core”
October 28th, 2014 (5)Like any other seller of processors and systems in the datacenter, IBM is in an uphill battle with Intel, whose Xeon processors have become the de facto standard in the glass house for everything except legacy workloads that are ...
Pure Storage Hints At Hyperconverged Future
October 27th, 2014 (0)All-flash storage array maker Pure Storage has been very clear that it is not interested in going backwards and delivering hybrid arrays that mix disk drives and flash memory, as many incumbent disk array makers are doing. But the ...
Big Three Linuxes Refreshed Now That SLES 12 Enters The Field
October 27th, 2014 (0)In the early days of Linux, the software years were like dog years in that they packed a lot of change and growth into a relatively small amount of time. Linux has long since matured into a modern software ...
Moonshot Scale Leveraged For Transcoding, Web Infrastructure
October 23rd, 2014 (1)Hewlett-Packard is ramping up its Moonshot hyperscale systems with a set of new server nodes and specific workloads in the enterprise that it has tuned up for the hardware. Significantly, HP is shipping its first Xeon-based server cartridge for ...
Latest Ubuntu Server Packaged With Hyperscale Goodies
October 23rd, 2014 (1)It is October, and that is how you know it is time for various Linuxes and the OpenStack cloud controller to get their semi-annual updates of shiny new code. In the case of Canonical's Ubuntu Server 14.10, the core ...
ARM Brings More Cores To The Datacenter War
October 22nd, 2014 (2)Back in May, ARM Holdings, the chip design and licensing company behind the ARM processor collective that underpins smartphones, tablets, and other consumer devices, and that is assaulting the hegemony of the X86 processor in the datacenter, hinted that ...
Database Hotshots Build Warehouse From Scratch For The Cloud
October 21st, 2014 (0)It may seem that the last thing the world needs is another database or data store, but a new stealthy startup founded by a team of database and analytics experts that hail from Oracle, Teradata, Actian, Cloudera, Microsoft, and ...
September Sales Slowdown Hits Big Blue
October 20th, 2014 (0)IBM has made no secret that it wants to shed unprofitable hardware units, and it no doubt wishes it had been able to do some divesting ahead of its third quarter this year. IBM hit some unexpected turbulence in ...