Happening NowFriday, March 17
- PepsiCo Leads in AI-powered Automation with KoiVision Platform
- Anodot, oneDAL Optimize Anomaly Detection Services
- Fujitsu and Ochanomizu University Establish New AI Ethics Research Lab
- Dell Technologies Strengthens Security Portfolio with New Services and Solutions
- Jim Keller to Keynote AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
- Researchers Develop System Combining Graph Neural Network Architecture with Resistive Memory
- CAST AI Receives $20M in New Funding Led by Early-Stage VC Creandum
- ‘Transparent’ AI Improves Outcome Prediction in Medicare Patients
- Cloud Consulting Company Six Nines IT Rebrands to Nextira
- Intel Contributes AI Acceleration to PyTorch 2.0
- Altair Announces Altair RapidMiner for Data Analytics and AI
- Digimind Introduces Digimind Social to Analyze Any Topic with Dual AI Integration
- Sony to Launch Subscription Service for Developers on AITRIOS Edge AI Sensing Platform
- ISC 2023 Registration Now Open
- Lightning AI Releases PyTorch Lightning 2.0 and a New Open Source Library for Lightweight Scaling of ML Models
- Groq Adapts and Runs LLaMA, the Meta Chatbot Model and Competitor to ChatGPT, for Its Systems
- Lenovo Storage Innovation and Channel-centric Strategy Drives Record Growth and Infrastructure Leadership
- AMD Brings the Performance of 4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors to Embedded Networking, Security, Storage and Industrial Systems
- Giga Computing Releases 1st Workstation Motherboards to Support DDR5 and PCIe Gen5 Tech
- AIC Collaborates with AMD to Introduce Its New Edge Server Powered by 4th Gen AMD EPYC Embedded Processors
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
February 28, 2023
Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
February 24, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Nvidia GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 2023March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Nicole Hemsoth
Rise of the Self-Healing Machines
October 30th, 2012 (0)<img src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/_63772129_906c141a-f769-44f8-876b-e58ef975d948small.jpg" alt="" width="95" height="53" />By mimicking nature researchers can manufacture self-healing materials may extend the longevity of fragile consumer products as well as military equipment.
Building an Advanced Contract Manufacturing Innovation Cluster in Southeast Michigan
October 29th, 2012 (0)<img style="float: left;" src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/800px-Kansas_City_Assembly.png" alt="" width="95" height="67" />The National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS) is a member of one of 10 public-private partnerships across the country that were selected through the federal government’s Advanced Manufacturing Jobs and innovation Accelerator ...
In-Car Ethernet: The Backbone of the Automobile
October 29th, 2012 (0)<img src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/ethernet-jack-fuel-filler-660small.jpg" alt="" width="95" height="63" />In-car Ethernet, currently in development from Hyundai and Broadcom, may help shape the future of cars by reducing cost, weight and clutter, but will require significant reworks of existing electric infrastructure.
Mangrove: Fujitsu’s Experimental Green Data Center Design
October 26th, 2012 (0)Researchers at Fujitsu Laboratories are creating software that will choose and configure CPUs and memory devices independently to create the best platform for the job. The plan is to redesign the data denter from the CPU up.
3D Printing Takes Off Into Orbit
October 25th, 2012 (0)<img src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/3dprintingspacesmall.jpg" alt="" width="95" height="63" />Made in Space aims to bring additive manufacturing to the International Space Station.
A New Era in Automotive Engine Development Driven by HPC
October 25th, 2012 (0)<img style="float: left;" src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/ICE_Car.png" alt="" width="95" height="81" />Thinking electric vehicle, hydrogen, or maybe something solar? Think again. The internal combustion engine (ICE) is going to be around for a while. Oak Ridge National Lab, with its Jaguar supercomputer, is ...
Additive Manufacturing Gives Four Year Old Back the Use of Her Arms
October 24th, 2012 (0)<img src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/wrexsmall.jpg" alt="" width="95" height="71" />Dr. Tariq Rahman has modified a metal exoskeleton through additive manufacturing in order to restore four-year-old Emma Levelle the use of her arms.
3D(RM): Is Additive Manufacturing Going the Way of the Recording Industry?
October 23rd, 2012 (0)<img style="float: left;" src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/car1.jpg" alt="" width="95" height="69" />A new patent covering digital rights management, or DRM, for 3-D printers is aimed at making sure your printer won't print unless you’ve paid up. A new Napster brewing?
Lit Motors Puts a Gyroscopic “Spin” on the Traditional Motorcycle
October 23rd, 2012 (0)<img src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/LitMotors_C1small.png" alt="" width="95" height="73" />Lit Motors believes its gyroscopically stabilized, enclosed electric motorcycle is the solution for energy and space-efficient travel.
4 Ways to Create Business Value in a Bad Economy With Infrastructure Transformation
October 22nd, 2012 (0)It certainly might seem odd to propose an investment to transform the technical computing infrastructure digital manufacturing companies utilize at such a difficult time. Indeed, the industry has been hit especially hard by the global recession that in turn ...