Happening NowMonday, March 20
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Capabilities to Simplify Kubernetes Operations
- BrainChip Illustrates AIoT Readiness at the Edge Impulse ML Series
- Mila and UNESCO Join Forces to Emphasize Urgent Need for Better AI Governance
- HPE to Acquire OpsRamp, Expanding HPE GreenLake into IT Operations Management
- D-Wave Launches New Hybrid Solver Plug-In for Feature Selection, A Key Component of ML
- PepsiCo Leads in AI-powered Automation with KoiVision Platform
- Anodot, oneDAL Optimize Anomaly Detection Services
- Fujitsu and Ochanomizu University Establish New AI Ethics Research Lab
- Dell Technologies Strengthens Security Portfolio with New Services and Solutions
- Jim Keller to Keynote AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
- Researchers Develop System Combining Graph Neural Network Architecture with Resistive Memory
- CAST AI Receives $20M in New Funding Led by Early-Stage VC Creandum
- ‘Transparent’ AI Improves Outcome Prediction in Medicare Patients
- Cloud Consulting Company Six Nines IT Rebrands to Nextira
- Intel Contributes AI Acceleration to PyTorch 2.0
- Altair Announces Altair RapidMiner for Data Analytics and AI
- Digimind Introduces Digimind Social to Analyze Any Topic with Dual AI Integration
- Sony to Launch Subscription Service for Developers on AITRIOS Edge AI Sensing Platform
- ISC 2023 Registration Now Open
- Lightning AI Releases PyTorch Lightning 2.0 and a New Open Source Library for Lightweight Scaling of ML Models
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
February 28, 2023
Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
February 24, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Nvidia GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 2023March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Nicole Hemsoth
Honda Speeds Past On-Site Clusters for Critical R&D
November 27th, 2014 (1)When one thinks of Honda Motor Company, the first image that comes to mind are likely of the automobiles, which wouldn’t be unnatural given that the company is a top five auto manufacturer in the U.S. and at the ...
Titan Puts a New Spin on GE’s Wind Turbine Research
January 24th, 2014 (0)Unlike traditional energy sources, wind is a trouble to tame, which has led GE to turn to advanced simulations at Oak Ridge National Laboratory to put the technology on track to cover 12 percent of the world's energy production.
Local Motors and ORNL Partner for Automotive Manufacturing
January 24th, 2014 (0)<img style="float: left;" src="http://media2.hpcwire.com/dmr/_Gravemaker-by-Markek-Rakucak.jpg" alt="" width="95" height="71" border="0" />Local Motors, a vehicle innovator, and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) have announced a new partnership that they hope will bring change to the automotive industry.
Robots Showcase Skills at DRC
January 22nd, 2014 (0)A month ago, the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials (DRC) commenced. The main goal of the event was to aid in the development of robots that will someday respond to natural or even man-made disasters. At this year’s DRC, prototype ...
Engineers Develop Microwindmills to Power Electronics
January 17th, 2014 (0)Engineers at the University of Texas at Arlington have developed a new technology that could come in handy when electronic devices run out of power. Their idea stems from a source of power generation that we are all familiar ...
Nike 3D Prints Super Bowl Cleat
January 15th, 2014 (0)With the NFL playoffs drawing to a close, the four final teams are willing to do whatever it takes to defeat their opponent and make it to the Super Bowl. While the players on these teams are some of ...
Obama Brings Electronics Manufacturing Hub to NC
January 15th, 2014 (0)During today’s visit to Raleigh, North Carolina, President Obama came to North Carolina State University to announce the next manufacturing innovation institute. The “Next Generation Power Electronics Innovation Institute” will bring together six universities and 18 private-sector companies throughout ...
Autonomous Vehicles to Utilize NVIDIA’s Tegra K1
January 9th, 2014 (0)At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada, NVIDIA announced that it’s Tegra K1 mobile processor will be used in autonomous cars of the future. Currently being utilized by the world’s top ten energy-efficient computers, the ...
Engineers Look to Supercomputing to Find Platinum 2.0
January 8th, 2014 (0)As a part of President Obama's Material's Genome Initiative, many researchers have set their sights on developing materials the likes of which we've never seen. But engineers at Duke University are using supercomputers to back a materials project that ...
New-Age Spacesuit Developed for Mars Exploration
January 7th, 2014 (0)From box-office hits to television gold like Star Trek, the actors in these films and shows have donned eye-opening spacesuits. The fashion predictions have been entirely off thus far and none have managed to predict what Dava Newman is currently ...