Happening NowThursday, March 23
- Giga Computing Announces Entry-Level AMD Ryzen-based Servers by GIGABYTE
- Intel Labs Advances Computer Vision Development with 2 New AI Models
- Ireland’s Largest Managed Cloud Services Provider Selects HPE GreenLake to Modernize Its Private Cloud
- COMPUTEX 2023 Visitor Registration Now Open
- Dataiku Joins NVIDIA DGX-Ready Software Program to Simplify Enterprise AI
- GIGABYTE Joins NVIDIA GTC 2023 and Supports New NVIDIA L4 Tensor Core GPU and NVIDIA OVX 3.0
- SUSE Appoints Dirk-Peter van Leeuwen as New CEO
- BrainChip’s Neuromorphic Tech Enables Intellisense Systems to Address Needs for Next-Gen Cognitive Radio Solutions
- TYAN’s AI Inference-Optimized Platforms Add Support for NVIDIA L4 Tensor Core GPU
- Weights & Biases Announces Integrations with NVIDIA AI
- Supermicro Expands GPU Solutions Portfolio with Deskside Liquid-Cooled AI Development Platform, Powered by NVIDIA
- Vultr Announces Availability of NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPU and Partnerships with Domino Data Lab and Anaconda
- AnswerRocket Introduces Max, an AI Assistant for Data Analysis
- Intel Appoints Stuart Pann to Lead Intel Foundry Services
- Samsung Announces Ultra-Wideband Chipset with Centimeter-Level Accuracy for Mobile and Automotive Devices
- NVIDIA and Google Cloud Deliver New Generative AI Platform, Built on the New L4 GPU and Vertex AI
- Adobe and NVIDIA Partner to Unlock the Power of Generative AI
- Shutterstock Partners with NVIDIA to Build AI Foundation Models for Generative 3D Artist Tools
- AWS and NVIDIA Collaborate on Next-Gen Infrastructure for Training Large Machine Learning Models and Building Generative AI Applications
- DDN Announces Compatibility with NVIDIA DGX H100 Systems and New Partnership with Lambda
Nvidia’s Metaverse Gets New Hardware
March 21, 2023
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
AI in Finance Summit NYApril 20 @ 8:00 am - April 21 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Alex Woodie
Can Retailers Trust Their Machine Learning Models?
October 21st, 2022 (0)As we inch closer to Black Friday and the start of the holiday buying extravaganza, retailers are putting the final touches on the demand forecasts they’re using to predict the mix of goods they’ll carry this winter. There are ...
AI for DevOps: Cutting Cost, Reducing Risk, Speeding Delivery
August 16th, 2022 (0)Organizations collectively spend billions every month on DevOps processes, yet bad code still makes it into production, causing downtime, additional time/money, and reputational harm. With so much at stake, it would seem to be a natural fit for automation ...
AI Is Not Sentient Yet. But That Doesn’t Mean It’s Not Useful in the Enterprise
June 21st, 2022 (0)Have large language models finally crossed the chasm and become self-aware? A Google researcher recently shocked the world by declaring that Google’s LaMDA has become sentient. Others in the business disagree, saying we’re still far away from artificial general ...
Europe’s AI Act Would Regulate Tech Globally
June 8th, 2022 (0)The Artificial Intelligence Act was introduced to the European Union in April 2021, and is rapidly progressing through comment periods and rewrites. When it goes into effect, which experts say could occur at the beginning of 2023, it will ...
d-Matrix Gets Funding to Build SRAM ‘Chiplets’ for AI Inference
April 21st, 2022 (0)Hardware startup d-Matrix says the $44 million it raised in a Series A round this week (April 20) will help it continue development of a novel “chiplet” architecture that uses 6 nanometer chip embedded in SRAM memory modules for ...
Run:ai Seeks to Grow AI Virtualization with $75M Round
March 16th, 2022 (0)Run:ai, a provider of an AI virtualization layer that helps optimize GPU instances, yesterday announced a Series C round worth $75 million. The funding figures to help the fast-growing company expand its sales reach and further development the platform. ...
AI Bias Struggles Continue Within Organizations
January 19th, 2022 (0)Battling AI bias is turning out to be tougher than expected for many business organizations. As companies roll out more machine learning and AI models into production, they are increasing cognizant of the presence of bias in their systems. ...
John Deere Brings Autonomous Driving to Farm Tractors
January 5th, 2022 (0)Fully autonomous self-driving cars are not yet on our nation’s roadways, but later this year a limited number of U.S. farmers will be able to start operating fully-autonomous John Deere tractors in their fields, allowing farmers to get their ...
IBM Using AI to Monitor Petabytes of Network Traffic
December 10th, 2021 (0)As networks and applications become more complex, so does the process of unravelling performance problems. And as the complexity grows, even finding common errors in an SD-WAN infrastructure can be a challenge in our virtual-everything world. To help solve this ...
AWS re:Invent 2021 Begins As New CEO Adam Selipsky Takes the Reins
November 29th, 2021 (0)As the 2021 AWS re:Invent conference opens this week live and virtually in Las Vegas, Adam Selipsky, who took over the CEO position with the departure of Andy Jassy earlier this year, will begin to make his own mark ...