Happening NowFriday, March 17
- PepsiCo Leads in AI-powered Automation with KoiVision Platform
- Anodot, oneDAL Optimize Anomaly Detection Services
- Fujitsu and Ochanomizu University Establish New AI Ethics Research Lab
- Dell Technologies Strengthens Security Portfolio with New Services and Solutions
- Jim Keller to Keynote AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
- Researchers Develop System Combining Graph Neural Network Architecture with Resistive Memory
- CAST AI Receives $20M in New Funding Led by Early-Stage VC Creandum
- ‘Transparent’ AI Improves Outcome Prediction in Medicare Patients
- Cloud Consulting Company Six Nines IT Rebrands to Nextira
- Intel Contributes AI Acceleration to PyTorch 2.0
- Altair Announces Altair RapidMiner for Data Analytics and AI
- Digimind Introduces Digimind Social to Analyze Any Topic with Dual AI Integration
- Sony to Launch Subscription Service for Developers on AITRIOS Edge AI Sensing Platform
- ISC 2023 Registration Now Open
- Lightning AI Releases PyTorch Lightning 2.0 and a New Open Source Library for Lightweight Scaling of ML Models
- Groq Adapts and Runs LLaMA, the Meta Chatbot Model and Competitor to ChatGPT, for Its Systems
- Lenovo Storage Innovation and Channel-centric Strategy Drives Record Growth and Infrastructure Leadership
- AMD Brings the Performance of 4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors to Embedded Networking, Security, Storage and Industrial Systems
- Giga Computing Releases 1st Workstation Motherboards to Support DDR5 and PCIe Gen5 Tech
- AIC Collaborates with AMD to Introduce Its New Edge Server Powered by 4th Gen AMD EPYC Embedded Processors
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
February 28, 2023
Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
February 24, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Nvidia GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 2023March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Timothy Prickett Morgan
Diablo Readies Memory Channel Flash For DDR4
August 8th, 2014 (1)The first generation of flash-based memory channel storage from Diablo Technologies and SanDisk is ramping up in high-end Xeon E5 and E7 machines made by IBM and is now getting put into machines by Supermicro. Diablo makes the chips ...
Flashtec NVRAM Does 15 Million IOPS At Sub-Microsecond Latency
August 6th, 2014 (0)Hyperscale datacenter operators and enterprise storage suppliers just got a new tool from PMC to help them build out zippier storage infrastructure. PMC, a venerable semiconductor maker founded three decades ago to provide equipment to the telecommunications market, moved ...
The Beginnings Of Hyperscale At Google
HGST Shows Off Zippy PCM Prototype, Updates Flash Cards
Shared Memory Clusters: Observations On Processor Virtualization
Upstart To Breathe New Life Into Venerable OpenVMS
August 1st, 2014 (3)The many thousands of organizations that are still happily using the OpenVMS operating system to run mission-critical applications have heaved a collective sigh of relief now that Hewlett-Packard has decided to license the source code to OpenVMS to a ...
Cisco Expands MDS SAN Switches For Hyperscale
July 31st, 2014 (0)Hyperscale datacenters have their clustered object storage and supercomputing centers have their GPFS and Lustre parallel file systems, but at large enterprises, the storage area network still reigns as the place to put the most critical data. To that ...
Red Hat Rolls Up Linux For ARM Servers
July 30th, 2014 (0)The great thing about Linux is that it runs on nearly everything, and if ARM servers ever take off, they will do so because Linux workloads are ported from X86 and other architectures to run on 64-bit ARM processors. ...
AMD Accelerates Chip Testing With Flash Storage
July 29th, 2014 (6)Like most large enterprises, chip maker AMD has some big central systems that it uses to run its core business, and on top of that, it has a cluster of many thousands of systems with over 100,000 cores running ...