Happening NowFriday, June 9
- Lilt Launches Generative AI Multilingual Writing App
- Applause Delivers Advanced Generative AI Solution Training, Testing and Validation through Enhanced Crowdtesting Services
- TSMC Releases May 2023 Revenue Report
- Cohere Announces $270M Series C to Bring Generative AI to Enterprises
- Transaction Processing Performance Council Announces 15th Annual Technology Conference
- Micron Signs 178-Megawatt Wind Power Agreement with Terra-Gen
- Intel-Backed AI Model Helps Researchers Detect Breast Cancer with High Accuracy
- NYU, NVIDIA Collaborate on Large Language Model to Predict Patient Readmission
- Monster API Unveils Low-Cost, Decentralized AI Platform to Empower Developers
- Insight Announces Launch of Generative AI Service Offering
- QuSecure Awarded U.S. Army Contract for Post-Quantum Cybersecurity Solutions
- Granica Launches Industry-first AI Efficiency Platform to Cut Cloud Data Costs up to 80% and Boost ROI from AI Initiatives
- AWS Announces Snowblade for DoD JWCC Customers
- TSMC Unveils Advanced Backend Fab 6, Enabling Complete Automation and 3DFabric Integration
- SymphonyAI Acquires 1010data to Expand Enterprise AI Capabilities
- Fish-Farming Startup Casts AI to Make Aquaculture More Efficient, Sustainable
- GITEX Africa 2023: Huawei Introduces Diversified SD-WAN Products and New Data Center Switch
- Micron Unveils High-Capacity 96GB DDR5 RDIMMs, Boosting AI and Database Workloads
- Priceline Charts Businesswide Generative AI Deployments with Google Cloud
- Centific Announces the Launch of Pitaya.AI: A Suite of Intelligent Store Solutions to Enable Hyper-Automation and Immersive Experiences
Hyperion Research Predicts HPC-enabled AI Growth
June 8, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
HPE Discover 2023June 20 @ 8:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm
Bloomberg Collision 2023June 26 @ 8:00 am - June 29 @ 5:00 pm
60th Design Automation Conference (DAC)July 9 - July 13
VMware Explore 2023 – Las VegasAugust 21 @ 8:00 am - August 24 @ 5:00 pm
AI Manufacturing Conference 2023August 22 @ 8:00 am - August 24 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Todd R. Weiss
Deloitte’s 2022 Tech Growth Opportunities: Everything-as-a-Service, Hybrid Workers, More
January 31st, 2022 Comments Off on Deloitte’s 2022 Tech Growth Opportunities: Everything-as-a-Service, Hybrid Workers, MoreSince the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020, tech organizations – like every other group on Earth – are dealing with a wide range of ongoing issues that impact their operations. To monitor and review some of ...
Latest OpenAI GPT-3 Research Finds That Larger Models Not Always Best
January 27th, 2022 Comments Off on Latest OpenAI GPT-3 Research Finds That Larger Models Not Always BestSince unveiling its GPT-3 large language model in June of 2020, OpenAI has continued to tweak and improve it, adding fine-tuning capabilities last December that make it easier for developers to create GPT-3 versions tailored for their enterprise applications. ...
Nvidia Reportedly Backing Away From its Proposed $40B Arm Acquisition
January 26th, 2022 (1)For GPU-maker Nvidia, it was not supposed to end this way, with the company giving up on its grandiose plans to acquire chip IP vendor, Arm Ltd. But after more than 18 months of prying eyes from government agencies ...
Ceremorphic Touts Its HPC Silicon Technology for Supercomputing and Exits Stealth
January 25th, 2022 Comments Off on Ceremorphic Touts Its HPC Silicon Technology for Supercomputing and Exits StealthIn a market still filling with fledging silicon chips, Ceremorphic, Inc. has exited stealth and is telling the world about what it calls its patented new ThreadArch multi-thread processor technology that will help improve new supercomputers. Venkat Mattela, the ...
IBM Watson Health Finally Sold by IBM After 11 Months of Rumors
January 21st, 2022 Comments Off on IBM Watson Health Finally Sold by IBM After 11 Months of RumorsIBM has sold its underachieving IBM Watson Health unit for an undisclosed price tag to a global investment firm after almost a year’s worth of rumors that said IBM has been trying to exit this part of its business. ...
AI in 2022: Here are More AI and Tech Predictions from IT Experts
January 12th, 2022 Comments Off on AI in 2022: Here are More AI and Tech Predictions from IT ExpertsAs 2022 begins, the progress and continuing evolution of AI is in full swing across the worlds of industry, manufacturing, retail, banking and finance, healthcare and medicine and an expanding range of other fields. In our first roundup of ...
2022 Technology Predictions for AI in the Enterprise
January 7th, 2022 Comments Off on 2022 Technology Predictions for AI in the EnterpriseThe global use and further development of AI continued to grow in 2021 as enterprises found more ways to deploy it and developers discovered new ways to capture its possibilities for business users. So, what might 2022 bring for ...
IBM Watson Health Unit Sale Rumors Resurface
January 6th, 2022 Comments Off on IBM Watson Health Unit Sale Rumors ResurfaceRumors about the possible sale of the allegedly underperforming IBM Watson Health unit are garnering headlines for the second time since February 2021, even as IBM continues to remain silent on the topic. In a Jan. 5 story, Axiom ...