Happening NowMonday, March 20
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Capabilities to Simplify Kubernetes Operations
- BrainChip Illustrates AIoT Readiness at the Edge Impulse ML Series
- Mila and UNESCO Join Forces to Emphasize Urgent Need for Better AI Governance
- HPE to Acquire OpsRamp, Expanding HPE GreenLake into IT Operations Management
- D-Wave Launches New Hybrid Solver Plug-In for Feature Selection, A Key Component of ML
- PepsiCo Leads in AI-powered Automation with KoiVision Platform
- Anodot, oneDAL Optimize Anomaly Detection Services
- Fujitsu and Ochanomizu University Establish New AI Ethics Research Lab
- Dell Technologies Strengthens Security Portfolio with New Services and Solutions
- Jim Keller to Keynote AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
- Researchers Develop System Combining Graph Neural Network Architecture with Resistive Memory
- CAST AI Receives $20M in New Funding Led by Early-Stage VC Creandum
- ‘Transparent’ AI Improves Outcome Prediction in Medicare Patients
- Cloud Consulting Company Six Nines IT Rebrands to Nextira
- Intel Contributes AI Acceleration to PyTorch 2.0
- Altair Announces Altair RapidMiner for Data Analytics and AI
- Digimind Introduces Digimind Social to Analyze Any Topic with Dual AI Integration
- Sony to Launch Subscription Service for Developers on AITRIOS Edge AI Sensing Platform
- ISC 2023 Registration Now Open
- Lightning AI Releases PyTorch Lightning 2.0 and a New Open Source Library for Lightweight Scaling of ML Models
AI Career Notes: March 2023 Edition
March 8, 2023
Meta Releases LLaMA Foundation Language Models to Researchers
February 28, 2023
Andrew Ng’s Landing AI Offers Free Trial of LandingLens CV Platform
February 24, 2023
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
Nvidia GPU Technology Conference (GTC) 2023March 20 @ 8:00 am - March 23 @ 5:00 pm
Memory Con (MemCon)March 28 - March 29
MLconf NYC 2023March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 Swiss Conference & HPCXXLApril 3 @ 8:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
World Summit AI Americas 2023April 19 @ 8:00 am - April 20 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: Tiffany Trader
Knights Landing Processor with Omni-Path Makes Cloud Debut
April 18th, 2017 (0)HPC cloud specialist Rescale is partnering with Intel and HPC resource provider R Systems to offer first-ever cloud access to Xeon Phi “Knights Landing” processors. The infrastructure is based on the 68-core Knights Landing chip with integrated Omni-Path fabric ...
Nvidia Responds to Google TPU Benchmarking
April 11th, 2017 (0)Last week, Google reported that its custom ASIC Tensor Processing Unit (TPU) was 15-30x faster for inferencing workloads than Nvidia’s K80 GPU (see our coverage, Google Pulls Back the Covers on Its First Machine Learning Chip), and it didn’t take ...
Google Pulls Back the Covers on Its First Machine Learning Chip
April 7th, 2017 (0)This week Google released a report detailing the design and performance characteristics of the Tensor Processing Unit (TPU), its custom ASIC for the inference phase of neural networks (NN). Google has been using the machine learning accelerator in its datacenters since ...
IBM Bare Metal Cloud Targets AI with New P100 GPUs
April 5th, 2017 (0)IBM announced today that it will be adding Nvidia P100 graphics processors to its Bluemix cloud later this month, becoming the "first major global cloud vendor" to provide the high-end "Pascal" GPUs. Big Blue is targeting the new hardware at ...
Data-Hungry Algorithms and the Thirst for AI
March 29th, 2017 (0)At Tabor Communications’ Leverage Big Data + EnterpriseHPC Summit in Florida last week, esteemed HPC professional Jay Boisseau, chief HPC technology strategist at Dell EMC, engaged the audience with his presentation, “Big Computing, Big Data, Big Trends, Big Results.” ...
‘Strategies in Biomedical Data Science’ Advances IT-Research Synergies
March 23rd, 2017 (0)“Strategies in Biomedical Data Science: Driving Force for Innovation” by Jay A. Etchings (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Jan. 2017) is both an introductory text and a field guide for anyone working with biomedical data, IT professionals as well ...
HPC4Mfg Advances State-of-the-Art for American Manufacturing
March 10th, 2017 (0)Last Friday (March 3, 2017), the High Performance Computing for Manufacturing (HPC4Mfg) program held an industry engagement day workshop in San Diego, bringing together members of the US manufacturing community, national laboratories and universities to discuss the role of ...
Propelling Deep Learning at Scale at Baidu AI Lab
February 21st, 2017 (0)Researchers from Baidu’s Silicon Valley AI Lab (SVAIL) have adapted a well-known HPC communication technique to boost the speed and scale of their neural network training and now they are sharing their implementation with the larger deep learning community. The ...
Cray Posts Best-Ever Quarter, Visibility Still Limited
February 14th, 2017 (0)On its recent earnings call, Cray announced the largest revenue quarter in the company’s history and the second-highest revenue year. The Seattle-based supercomputer maker recorded $346.6 million in revenue for the fourth quarter of 2016, a 30 percent year-over-year improvement. ...
Stathis Papaefstathiou Takes R&D Reins at Cray
January 26th, 2017 (0)Earlier this month, Cray announced that tech veteran Stathis Papaefstathiou had joined the ranks of the iconic HPC company. As senior vice president of R&D, Papaefstathiou will be responsible for leading the software and hardware engineering efforts for all ...