Happening NowWednesday, June 7
- SymphonyAI Acquires 1010data to Expand Enterprise AI Capabilities
- Fish-Farming Startup Casts AI to Make Aquaculture More Efficient, Sustainable
- GITEX Africa 2023: Huawei Introduces Diversified SD-WAN Products and New Data Center Switch
- Micron Unveils High-Capacity 96GB DDR5 RDIMMs, Boosting AI and Database Workloads
- Priceline Charts Businesswide Generative AI Deployments with Google Cloud
- Centific Announces the Launch of Pitaya.AI: A Suite of Intelligent Store Solutions to Enable Hyper-Automation and Immersive Experiences
- Glean Announces AI-Powered Glean Chat, Delivering Personalized Insights from Enterprise Knowledge Bases
- Palantir Launches Foundry for Manufacturing on AWS to the Broader Market
- Altair Survey Reveals Significant Opportunities to Improve Efficiency, Scale, and Success of AI and Data Projects
- Landing AI Releases SDK to Accelerate Computer Vision Development
- OVHcloud US Launches Startup Program to Accelerate Businesses in Their Journey to the Cloud
- Cloudera Launches Observability for Enhanced Visibility and Control in Hybrid Cloud Environments
- Cloudera Transforms Enterprise AI Landscape with New LLM Blueprint for Trusted and Secure AI at Scale
- Intel Announces Intel Arc Pro A60 and Pro A60M GPUs
- NEC and VTTI Demonstrate Intersection Safety Using Private 5G and AI-based Video Analytics
- Fujitsu 1FINITY Ultra Optical System Selected by NTT for Next Japan-wide Core Network
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of ‘Coolidge2’ DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Lenovo Study Reveals CIO Commitment and Concerns Around Tech Innovation
- Zapata, Foxconn, Insilico Medicine, and University of Toronto Study Shows Promise of Hybrid Quantum Generative AI for Drug Discovery
- Wallaroo.AI Introduces Powerful Workload Orchestration Features to Scale ML Workflows
ContributorsOliver PeckhamEditorTiffany TraderEditorial DirectorJohn RussellContributing EditorAlex WoodieContributing EditorJaime HamptonStaff Writer
HPE Discover 2023June 20 @ 8:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm
Bloomberg Collision 2023June 26 @ 8:00 am - June 29 @ 5:00 pm
60th Design Automation Conference (DAC)July 9 - July 13
VMware Explore 2023 – Las VegasAugust 21 @ 8:00 am - August 24 @ 5:00 pm
AI Manufacturing Conference 2023August 22 @ 8:00 am - August 24 @ 5:00 pm
Author Archives: John Russell
Dell Expanding HPC-On-Demand And Server GPU Options, Debuting Omnia Software at ISC21
June 30th, 2021 Comments Off on Dell Expanding HPC-On-Demand And Server GPU Options, Debuting Omnia Software at ISC21Dell Technologies is expanding its software product line with Omnia, a new software platform built to help enterprises solve their workload deployment and management requirements, while also providing ‘composable infrastructure’ capabilities. The vendor has also announced that it is ...
IBM, Red Hat Integration Continues as IBM Mainstreams Power Systems in Pivot to Cloud
February 23rd, 2021 Comments Off on IBM, Red Hat Integration Continues as IBM Mainstreams Power Systems in Pivot to CloudAs it continues to pivot to the cloud, IBM has unveiled a new Power-based private cloud rack product line that is also porting Red Hat OpenShift capabilities to its Power products. The moves for the Power-microprocessor-based products are part ...
Nvidia Unveils Certified Server Program Offering Pre-Built Servers for AI Applications
January 26th, 2021 Comments Off on Nvidia Unveils Certified Server Program Offering Pre-Built Servers for AI ApplicationsNvidia today launched a certified systems program in which participating vendors can offer Nvidia-certified servers with up to eight A100 GPUs. Separate support contracts directly from Nvidia for the certified systems are also available. Besides the obvious marketing motives, ...
VAST Data: There Will Be No Tears Shed When Tiered Storage is History
December 2nd, 2020 Comments Off on VAST Data: There Will Be No Tears Shed When Tiered Storage is HistoryAll-flash storage startup VAST Data is hoping that its vision of universal storage without multiple tiers will become the new normal for enterprises that are struggling to manage growing repositories of valuable and critical business data. Founded in 2016, ...
AMD Reveals $35B Acquisition of Xilinx, Reports Record Q3 Revenue
October 27th, 2020 Comments Off on AMD Reveals $35B Acquisition of Xilinx, Reports Record Q3 RevenueAMD this morning reported record quarterly revenue of $2.8 billion and a finalized deal to buy FPGA-maker Xilinx for $35 billion in an all-stock transaction. The acquisition helps AMD keep pace during a time of consolidation in the semiconductor ...
DDN, Tintri Unveil New NVMe Storage Devices
October 21st, 2020 Comments Off on DDN, Tintri Unveil New NVMe Storage DevicesDDN, a long-time leader in HPC storage, announced two new products today and provided more detail around its strategy for integrating DDN HPC technologies with the enterprise strengths of its recent acquisitions, notably Tintri, Nexenta, and IntelliFlash (from Western ...
Oracle Cloud Tackling More Demanding Workloads with Launch of A100 GPU Instances, Arm Plans, More
September 22nd, 2020 Comments Off on Oracle Cloud Tackling More Demanding Workloads with Launch of A100 GPU Instances, Arm Plans, MoreOracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is bolstering its capabilities for customers with the general availability of instances with Nvidia’s newest GPU, the A100, while also unveiling expanded collaborations with Rescale and Altair. The company also announced plans for its first ...
IBM Debuts Power10; Touts New Memory Scheme, Security, and Inferencing
August 18th, 2020 Comments Off on IBM Debuts Power10; Touts New Memory Scheme, Security, and InferencingIBM this week introduced its next generation Power10 microprocessor, a 7nm device manufactured by Samsung. The chip features a new microarchitecture, broad new memory support, PCIe Gen 5 connectivity, hardware enabled security, impressive energy efficiency, and a host of ...
Implement Photonic Tensor Cores for Machine Learning?
August 7th, 2020 Comments Off on Implement Photonic Tensor Cores for Machine Learning?Researchers from George Washington University have reported an approach for building photonic tensor cores that leverages phase change photonic memory to implement a neural network (NN). Their novel architecture, reported online in AIP Applied Physics Review last week, promises ...
Get a Grip: Intel Neuromorphic Chip Used to Give Robotics Arm a Sense of Touch
July 16th, 2020 Comments Off on Get a Grip: Intel Neuromorphic Chip Used to Give Robotics Arm a Sense of TouchMoving neuromorphic technology from the laboratory into practice has proven slow-going. This week, National University of Singapore researchers moved the needle forward demonstrating an event-driven, visual-tactile perception system that uses Intel’s Loihi chip to control a robotic arm combining ...