Tintri Celebrates 10th Anniversary, Offers New Features
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 29, 2022 -- Tintri, a DDN subsidiary and a leading provider of auto adaptive, workload intelligent platforms, is celebrating its 10th anniversary of product availability with the "neXt" evolution of Tintri's VMstore series. Expanding on its purpose-built, auto adaptive VMstore platform, Tintri's new Virtual Series incorporates 10 unique features that comprise the company's Platform as a Service (PaaS) approach.
The Virtual Series offers autonomous QOS, predictive analytics, distributed data services, and ease-of-use in a robust and efficient virtual data workload management platform for hybrid cloud ecosystems.
As businesses continue to adapt to the massive influx of data and mobile workforces, there is a critical need to implement a more flexible and interconnected IT ecosystem to manage the size and complexity of applications. IT departments must not only manage code updates and new features for these applications, but also the underlying infrastructure which affects workflows while protecting data from being compromised due to ransomware and other impacts. Tintri has seen the movement toward containerization in hybrid IT environments and has adapted its intelligent analytics to enhance locality, security and predictive failure and recovery capabilities.
"We are in close collaboration with our customers and partners and understand the challenges they continue to face as data and application implementation becomes more distributed," said Phil Trickovic, SVP of Revenue, Tintri. "Because of our unique architecture meant specifically for virtual data sets, we are perfectly positioned to meet these new customer challenges and bring tremendous value by rapidly advancing the technology needed to address these new industry dynamics. By decoupling Tintri's AI-powered software from our hardware platform, VMstore customers can now deploy the efficient, transparent and easy-to-use data management platform they're accustomed to with Tintri."
Businesses have consistently turned to Tintri for ease of use, predictable performance and stable service. Customers rely on Tintri to help reduce overhead costs and resources required to manage IT operations, particularly when integrating a cloud strategy. Tintri enables customers to focus on strengthening business operations, leveraging the platform's intelligence to stay ahead of the curve. Tintri VMstore is purpose-built for virtualized workloads and is now taking this same approach to develop the virtual version of VMstore technology, opening the door to new levels of infrastructure efficiency in hybrid cloud ecosystems.
Tintri's neXt data management platform will consist of a new Virtual Series solution that enables 10 technology features to lower cost and complexity and gain backup and disaster recovery efficiencies, with the option to deploy and transfer within both on-prem and cloud environments.
Tintri Virtual Series Features
- Tintri's One Stop Hybrid Cloud Shop
- Tintri.io – Easy to access site for support, best practices, service recommendations, and Tintri professional services
- Reduce Expense and Complexity of Data Protection
- Backup to the Cloud – Eliminate expensive add-on backup solutions; leverage snapshot file index for faster file recovery
- Replicate to the Cloud – Tintri's Native Async Replication provides enhanced data protection to instantly safeguard on-prem workloads by replicating to the cloud
- Restore to the Cloud – Restore files, folders and full VMs 10x faster than the enterprise backup solutions
- Simplified Hybrid Cloud Workload Management
- Workload Migration – Increased flexibility to move virtual workloads from on-prem to cloud with enhanced data relocation tools
- Centralized Cloud Management – Manage more sites, VMstore systems and virtual workloads with ease with Tintri Global Center management
- Enhanced Security and Visibility
- Ransomware Protection – Achieve unprecedented visibility for rapid detection and recovery using Ransomware Defense suite with air-gap snapshot protection
- Data Security Services – Locate risk without expensive security services and impacts to production systems with Automated Vulnerability Scanning
- Container Data Services for Cloud Native Applications
- Tintri Kubernetes Services – Manage quality of service, data protection and cloning for physical and virtual clusters for containerized workloads
- Tanzu Integration – Support for VMware Tanzu and other common Kubernetes distributions
"The new Virtual Series platform and the 10 neXt feature additions were designed to address the shift we have seen in the IT market over the last 3-5 years," said Brock Mowry, Tintri's CTO. "Because of VMstore's unique ability to see and manage virtual workloads, these neXt features give users a complete view into their hybrid cloud needs. Both performance and data protection tie back to Tintri's Analytics platform allowing users to design the infrastructure, both cloud and on-prem to best serve the organization's entire application needs."
Tintri, a wholly owned subsidiary of DataDirect Networks (DDN), delivers purpose-built solutions to store and manage virtual machines in enterprise data centers. Thousands of customers have saved countless administrative hours using Tintri's innovative technologies.