Nimbus Data Announces Milestones, Unveils Storage Operating System and All-Flash Array
IRVING, Calif., May 12, 2020 -- Nimbus Data, provider of flash memory storage solutions, announced several important milestones:
- Surpassed 600 installations, including several petabyte-plus deployments
- Achieved full year profitability in 2019, with increased profitability forecasted for 2020
- Secured new financing for continued expansion and product development
“I am very pleased with our focused execution,” stated Thomas Isakovich, CEO and founder of Nimbus Data. “These achievements strengthen our market position and will help fuel continued profitable growth, more innovation, and most importantly, the highest level of customer satisfaction.”
Nimbus Data AFX: The Next-Generation Storage Operating System
New workload requirements demand a forward-looking storage architecture focused on versatility, QoS, and scalability. Nimbus Data AFX, designed from the ground-up for solid state storage, is a next-generation operating system and management platform focused on these three priorities.
- Versatility: AFX supports over a dozen block, file, and object protocols on one platform. This eliminates silos, simplifies capacity planning, and improves storage utilization with global data reduction across all data types. AFX is optimized for a broad range of solid state technology, including flash and storage-class memory using NVMe and SAS interfaces.
- QoS: AFX offers unrivaled QoS capabilities. Inline data services like deduplication, compression, checksums, thin provisioning, and encryption can be enabled or disabled individually. This ensures that performance and utilization are always optimized for a given workload, avoiding the costly alternative of purchasing multiple storage arrays.
- Scalability: AFX features a federated architecture that scales by adding redundant arrays as needed, without cluster-wide metadata nor a backend network fabric. This approach offers superior resiliency, lower cost, and more consistent performance. Web-based management provides one pane of glass for administering the entire storage infrastructure.
“With its versatility, federated architecture, and multi-tenant management capabilities, Nimbus Data AFX is a well-conceived solid state storage platform for dense enterprise workload consolidation,” said Eric Burgener, research vice president in the Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group at IDC. “Its ability to support different access methods, protocols, persistent media types, and granularly-configurable data services lets customers configure the storage to meet a wide variety of different application requirements in the same, centrally managed system.”
Nimbus Data Tectonic: A New Way Forward for Enterprise Storage
More than ever, a powerful data storage infrastructure is a strategic advantage. However, existing enterprise storage arrays remain proprietary and expensive, with inflated capacity costs, escalating support fees, costly hardware refreshes, and an often tedious sales process.
Nimbus Data Tectonic represents a complete rethinking of the entire enterprise storage experience, from initial customer engagement to support and operations. Nimbus Data Tectonic offers:
- No Tiers: First-class support for everyone, with 24 x 7 x 365 support and rapid parts replacement
- Freedom: Support for industry-standard SSDs, eliminating vendor lock-in and excessive markups
- Simplicity: A flat annual support fee per array, not per terabyte, regardless of system age
- Zero Emissions: Carbon-neutral storage, with its power usage fully offset by renewable energy
- Ageless: Free non-disruptive controller upgrades after 3 years, eliminating costly refreshes
- No Taxes: All-inclusive software, free software updates, and no capacity-based license fees
- Transparency: Get a detailed quote and TCO analysis online in minutes with just a few clicks
- No Lock-in: No long-term contract required, with a 1 year minimum, extendable to 7 years
- No Worries: 60-day “love it or return it” money-back guarantee, without any exceptions
“More than just another ‘as a Service’ plan, Nimbus Data is offering a comprehensive but simple solution for high-performance primary storage,” stated Eric Slack, Senior Analyst at Evaluator Group. “What's unique about Tectonic is what it doesn't include - the high-margin SSDs that we typically see from primary storage system vendors. Nimbus Data provides one premium class of support, free controller upgrades, all-inclusive software, and gives customers the choice to supply their own qualified SSDs.”
ExaFlash One: The Enterprise Flash Array for Everyone
Powered by Nimbus Data AFX and backed by Tectonic, ExaFlash One is the enterprise flash array for every organization. ExaFlash One delivers 99.999% availability, with active-active controllers and non-disruptive software updates. It delivers up to 12 GBps and 2 million IOps with Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and InfiniBand connectivity. ExaFlash One supports up to 768 TB raw in one 2U system (up to 5 PB effective after data reduction). Customers have the freedom to populate the array with qualified SSDs while maintaining their support benefits, avoiding the excessive markups imposed by legacy vendors.
Customer Validation of ExaFlash One Arrays
WWE is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. “Nimbus Data’s ExaFlash One array has been absolutely critical to our rapid new workflow,” stated Nick Smith, Director of Remote IT and Broadcast Engineering at WWE. “We were able to deploy it in 30 minutes. We are consistently writing to the ExaFlash array at line-rate, and it is performing flawlessly.”
Touch Support is a global ITaaS provider, helping organizations improve the performance of their critical IT infrastructure. “We chose ExaFlash One for our internal VMware environment and have been very pleased with its speed, availability, and ease of use,” stated Jason Hamilton, CTO at Touch Support. “Given our experience, we recommend ExaFlash to our clients for their critical workloads.”
Availability and Pricing
ExaFlash One all-flash arrays, powered by AFX and backed by Tectonic, are generally available now starting at $10,000. To get an instant quote, visit http://www.nimbusdata.com.
About Nimbus Data
Founded in 2003, Nimbus Data develops advanced flash memory solutions that power data-driven innovation. Our solutions include the Nimbus Data AFX storage operating system, ExaFlash® all-flash arrays, ExaDrive® solid state drives, and the ground-breaking Tectonic enterprise storage experience. Nimbus Data helps hundreds of enterprises accelerate and protect their critical data assets. To learn more, visit us at http://www.nimbusdata.com.
Source: Nimbus Data