Extreme Networks Announces New Capabilities for its Extreme Fabric Automation Software
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 20, 2019 -- Extreme Networks, Inc., a cloud-driven networking company, today announced new capabilities for its Extreme Fabric Automation software, available as part of the Extreme Data Center Fabric, to augment enterprise IT teams and reduce human error. The solution automatically manages the validation, testing, and operation of data center fabric networks while providing critically important network reliability and resiliency. Extreme also announced availability of two new high-performance switches embedded with guest VMs – the SLX 9150 leaf switch and the SLX 9250 spine switch. Collectively, the new data center software and hardware will give IT teams streamlined network automation, simplified integrations and operations, and greater control of when and where data center assets are deployed.
- Simplified automation and cloud-speed provisioning: Plug-and-play fabrics with on-switch automation streamlines configurations and simplifies network operations with day-zero infrastructure provisioning and day-one tenant/services provisioning. IT teams can deploy a fabric in seconds after simply cabling devices, powering on the switches, and running the Extreme Fabric Automation application from any SLX spine or leaf switch.
- Flexible deployment options: Unique in the industry, Extreme Fabric Automation is hosted on the guest VM of the SLX 9150 leaf switch or the SLX 9250 spine switch. It can also be hosted on an external VM, providing on-premises and private cloud deployment options.
- Ecosystem integrations: Extreme Fabric Automation integrates with orchestration software including OpenStack, VMware vCenter, and Microsoft SCVMM. Each integration is a separate microservice and leverages the application's fabric awareness. Additional integrations will be available in future releases.
- Faster time-to-value: Elasticity built into Extreme Fabric Automation provides IT teams the ability to scale the network up and down to meet changes in demand. Fast setup of an entire fabric network gives teams back valuable time to focus on higher level projects that will drive the business forward. Additionally, the solution reduces the cost of operating a network and, for those leveraging guest VM, eliminates the need for an external server.
- Security certifications and TAA compliance: The SLX 9150 and SLX 9250 are undergoing extensive testing and qualification to support the highest level of security certifications. Both are TAA compliant and will support FIPS 140-2, Common Criteria (CC), USGv6, and DoDIN APL starting Q1 CY20. Available for pre-order now, customers and partners can start the procurement and deployment evaluation cycle.
- Built on Broadcom: The new SLX spine and leaf switches are built on Broadcom's Trident 3 switch ASICs, bringing the same telemetry capabilities leveraged by leading hyperscale cloud providers to the enterprise. Combined with Extreme's industry-leading flow analytics, the Broadcom-powered solutions provide customers and partners with superior network health and performance metrics.
"The data center is no longer about speeds and feeds – it's where digital transformation is won or lost," said Abby Strong, Vice President of Product Marketing, Extreme Networks. "Extreme Fabric Automation is built using a cloud-native architecture to enhance fabric orchestration and management capabilities. It offers simplicity to data center teams, removing the need for manual switch-by-switch configurations and allowing IT teams to move at the pace of their businesses: at cloud-speed."
Extreme Networks at Supercomputing (SC19)
Extreme Networks is demonstrating its data center solutions in booth #975 at SC19 this week in Colorado. The company will show IT administrators how Extreme Fabric Automation embedded in the Extreme SLX 9150 and SLX 9250 datacenter switches, provides unprecedented innovation for IP Fabric networks by simplifying automation of fabric and tenant services. For more information or to schedule a demonstration, click here.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. is the industry's first cloud-driven, end-to-end enterprise networking company. Our best-of-breed technology solutions, from the wireless and IoT edge to the data center, are flexible, agile, and secure to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers and provide them with the fastest path to the autonomous enterprise. Our 100% in-sourced services and support are number one in the industry. Even with 50,000 customers globally, including half of the Fortune 50 and some of the world's leading names in business, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics, education, government, healthcare, and manufacturing, we remain nimble and responsive to ensure customer and partner success. We call this Customer-Driven Networking. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California.
Source: Extreme Networks