Hitachi Vantara’s Pentaho 8.3 Facilitates DataOps Across Edge-to-Multicloud Environments
ANTA CLARA, Calif., July 10, 2019 – Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., today announced Pentaho 8.3, the latest version of the company's data integration and analytics platform software. Pentaho 8.3 introduces a series of features designed to support DataOps, a collaborative data management practice that helps customers realize the full potential of their data. This latest version delivers improved data agility from customers' edge-to-multicloud environments while facilitating privacy, security and overall data governance.
"DataOps is about having the right data, in the right place, at the right time and the new features in Pentaho 8.3 ensure just that," said John Magee, vice president, portfolio marketing, Hitachi Vantara. "Not only do we want to ensure that data is stored at the lowest cost at the right service level, but that data is searchable, accessible and properly governed so actionable insights can be generated and the full economic value of the data is captured."
New with Pentaho 8.3
Pentaho 8.3 introduces several enhancements that help organizations modernize their data management practices – all of which support data operations initiatives and remove the friction between data and insight. The new enhancements include:
Improved drag and drop data pipeline capabilities to access and blend data that are difficult to access
- With our new connector to SAP, we now have drag and drop blending, enriching and offloading data from SAP ERP and Business Warehouse providing deeper insights into and greater analytic value from enterprise information.
- Amazon Kinesis provides real-time data capability in an AWS environment. With our new integration, Pentaho allows AWS developers to ingest and process streaming data in a powerful visual environment as opposed to writing code, and blend it with other data, reducing the manual effort.
Data visibility for improved governance
- Improved integration with Hitachi Content Platform (HCP): our leading distributed object storage system designed to support large, growing repositories of content, from simple text files to images and video to multigigabyte database images. The improvements make it easier for customers to read, write and update HCP custom metadata and query objects with their system metadata to make data more searchable, governable and usable for analytics.
- IBM Information Governance Catalog (IGC) Integration: Initially offered in beta with restricted distribution, customers can view lineage data from Pentaho within IBM's IGC to reduce the amount of manual effort required to govern data.
- Streaming data lineage: We've made it easier to trace real-time data from popular protocols such as AMQP, JMS, Kafka and MQTT.
Expanded multicloud support
- AWS Redshift bulk load: Today, the most common way to move data from S3 into Redshift is through repetitive SQL scripting to orchestrate bulk loads. Now, using our Redshift bulk load capabilities to automate loading Redshift, customers can significantly boost productivity and apply policies and schedules for when data onboarding occurs.
- Snowflake connectivity: Snowflake has quickly become one of the leading destinations for cloud data warehousing. But for many analytics projects, users also want to include data from other sources, including other cloud sources. Pentaho 8.3 allows blending, enrichment and analysis of Snowflake data along with other data sources. It also enables customers to access data from existing Pentaho-supported cloud platforms, including AWS and Google Cloud, in addition to Snowflake.
About Hitachi Vantara
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines over 100 years of experience in operational technology (OT) and more than 60 years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize their data to improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams and lower their business costs. Over 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara for data solutions. Visit us at www.HitachiVantara.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is focusing on Social Innovation Business combining its operational technology, information technology and products. The company's consolidated revenues for fiscal 2018 (ended March 31, 2019) totaled 9,480.6 billion yen ($85.4 billion), and the company has approximately 296,000 employees worldwide. Hitachi delivers digital solutions utilizing Lumada in five sectors including Mobility, Smart Life, Industry, Energy and IT, to increase our customer's social, environmental and economic value. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
Source: Hitachi, Ltd.