Unisys Launches CloudForte for Microsoft Azure
WASHINGTON, Feb. 4, 2019 -- Unisys Corporation today announced at the Microsoft Ignite Government event the availability of Unisys CloudForte for Microsoft Azure, the company's comprehensive managed service offering to automate and accelerate secure digital transformation and cloud operations utilizing Microsoft Azure.
Capitalizing on the power of Azure, CloudForte enables organizations to automatically deploy and manage flexible, cost-efficient, secure and compliant cloud environments quickly, expanding the range of cloud-based services that are easily accessible anytime, anywhere.
"Unisys' CloudForte delivers a comprehensive set of cloud services leveraging automation with embedded governance to enable clients to deliver mission objectives in a secure and cost efficient manner. By combining CloudForte and Azure, Unisys and Microsoft are at the forefront helping client's digital transformation journey," said Adelaide O'Brien, research director, IDC Government Insights.
Along with faster access to IT and customer services, CloudForte and Microsoft Azure provide organizations with the following capabilities:
- Faster, lower-risk Azure adoption: The Unisys Cloud Center of Enablement leverages more than 300 Microsoft-certified professionals to help government agencies and enterprises fully embrace the cloud;
- Secure access to all Azure cloud services: CloudForte delivers access to cloud services as they are released by Microsoft, as well as a curated catalog of pre-built automated blueprints for creation of comprehensive solutions and self-service provisioning;
- Continuous compliance and automated governance: CloudForte provides automated tools to enable organizations to establish and enforce effective governance frameworks respective to their desired security and financial policies in real or near real time;
- Accurate, transparent billing and cost governance for all Azure services: CloudForte provides contract-invoicing capabilities, cost visibility and governance that are fully compliant with industry regulations and federal government mandates;
- Industrial-grade modernization of legacy applications: CloudForte helps to identify legacy IT assets – from the simple to the most complex – and to prioritize their migration to the cloud;
- Real-time analytics and single-pane management: CloudForte enables self-healing systems for continuous operational improvement and transparent management for multi- and hybrid cloud environments; and
- Zero trust security: Unisys offers deep expertise in enterprise security for mobile and cloud environments, including Unisys Stealth® identity-based microsegmentation products and services to prevent and minimize the impact of cyberattacks across networks, environments and devices from inside and outside the perimeter.
"By making CloudForte available on Azure, we can provide our joint clients with an automated and secure solution for business and IT transformation as well as day-to-day cloud-based service delivery," said Chris Wick, vice president, Infrastructure Transformation Services, Unisys. "This powerful combination of capabilities opens new possibilities for access to business and government services for our clients' customers and constituents."
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, Unisys holds seven Microsoft Gold and Silver Competencies, including Cloud Productivity, Data Center and Windows and Devices. Microsoft named Unisys an Azure Innovation Partner of the Year in 2015 and 2017. Click here to learn more about the Unisys-Microsoft alliance.
In addition, ISG has named Unisys a Top 25 provider of services for digital transformation and recognized the company's ongoing secure digital transformation as one of the "25 Best" examples of such initiatives. The success of the Unisys digital transformation also recently earned a CIO 100 Award.
"Teaming with Unisys enables Microsoft to draw on the company's proven expertise in delivering secure, cloud-based service solutions to provide new capabilities on the Azure platform, empowering our clients to deliver new levels of service to customers in a variety of key vertical industries including: financial services, travel and transportation, health and life sciences, as well as government and public sectors," said Tom Keane, Corporate Vice President, Azure Global at Microsoft Corp.
To learn more about CloudForte, visit www.unisys.com/CloudForte.
Unisys is a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions for the most demanding businesses and governments on Earth. Unisys offerings include security software and services; digital transformation and workplace services; industry applications and services; and innovative software operating environments for high-intensity enterprise computing. For more information on how Unisys builds better outcomes securely for its clients across the Government, Financial Services and Commercial markets, visit www.unisys.com.